What are your wardrobe resolutions for 2014?
Where have you been Kirsten Dunst?
Essential items for chic holiday dressing
Here are a few tips on how to recognise a good bargain and avoid the future dreaded question: “What was I thinking of when I bought this?”
How to recognize a great fashion buy:
• An item that is in your size and fits properly.
• Clothing that makes you feel alive and confident
• The colour of the garment is flattering for you
• Timeless pieces that will not date in colour or style.
• Clothes that fill real (not imagined) gaps in your wardrobe.
• Fashion and styles that look “very last year” now.
• An item which is not your personal style e.g. a “romantic” blouse in a floral print with lace and ruffles when you are a “classic” dresser (prefers little or no print and structured clothing lines.)
• Ill-fitting garments – too small or too big
• Fabrics that don’t hang well – there’s usually a reason they are still sitting on the rack.
Apply the match 3 principle:
Before buying any new clothing item, ask yourself…
• Does it match at least 3 other items in my wardrobe?
• Can I wear it for at least 3 occasions?
• Can I wear it over 3 seasons?