Parents today are busy. Being able to parent creatively – on the run – makes your parenting journey easier and much more fun. In this acclaimed presentation, creative parenting expert and author, Nikki Bush, introduces the concept of cheating time and turning the ordinary into the extraordinary, helping parents to give away the guilt they so often feel.
Nikki will show you how time spent in the car together, doing household chores and activities or waiting for appointments, can be so valuable to both you and your child – it is never a waste of time! This insightful talk is peppered with personal anecdotes and provides dozens of practical and creative ideas to take home and try with your children. Connecting with your child can be so easy, even if you are on the run!
Come and discover:
- Why it’s important to connect with your child regardless of how busy you are
- How to cheat time
- How to convert “wasted time” with your children into “quality time”
- Over 50 practical ideas of how to create quality time moments with your children when you are on the run
- How to read your children’s needs better
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All parents of children from 2 – 12 years although the outcomes of this workshop continue to be just as applicable to older children. Join us for some interactive fun.
- More than a speech – a profoundly moving experience!
- You made me laugh, you made me cry, you made me sit up and think.
- You have blown me away. I don’t have to feel guilty anymore.
- I am so inspired. I can’t wait to get home and play with my children. Pity they will be asleep!
- Thank you for encouraging me to get out of my head and connect with my children.
- As a single mother, Parenting on the Run has been my saving grace. Thank you.
- Thank you for helping me see how connecting more creatively and being more present with my children means I will have to discipline less.
- What a great reminder that simpler is better.
- You blew my mind and opened my heart.
- Really empowering in its simplicity.
- Thank you for reminding me to be more playful and to have fun myself.
About Nikki Bush
Inspirational speaker and best-selling author, Nikki Bush, helps parents and educators make sense of a fast-changing world. As a mother of two herself, she walks the journey with us and her work is fuelled by her passion for play, connection and relationships.
Nikki is the co-author of three bestselling books: Future-proof Your Child, Easy Answers to Awkward Questions and her latest and very topical book, Tech-Savvy Parenting, was published in August last year to much acclaim.
Nikki writes a weekly column called Parenting Matters® which is used in many school newsletters around the country, while also being a regular guest on radio and TV and often quoted in the print media (over 100 media appearances in 2014 alone). She is the parenting expert on SABC3’s Expresso, the family expert for Longevity magazine and is on the advisory team for Living & Loving magazine. She will be launching her own online parenting TV channel early in 2015 – just Google NikkiBushTV.
Nikki is also a guest lecturer for the Wits Business School Executive Development Programme and recently returned from a speaking tour of schools in Hong Kong.