A love of technology and a heart for people have been the fuel behind Mike Saunders – Digital entrepreneurial journey. An international keynote speaker, digital thought leader and author. He has a unique ability to lead business with a crystal-clear leadership philosophy that encompasses “unlocking potential”, “nurturing trust” and “developing narrative.”
Mike was recognized on the list of “Top Global Digital Marketing Experts & Influencers in 2019 You Should be Following.” Acknowledged by his peers in 2012, as one of the Top 20 South Africans to follow on Twitter. Mike was awarded Special Honours at the New Generation Awards for his contribution to the industry. Over the last few years Mike has won the respect of business by his determined approach to helping people navigate a diverse and complicated world of Digital Business.
As an international keynote speaker Mike is able to engage his audience in an interactive, personal and energizing manner by drawing on his life experiences and personal stories. Mike speaks with authority from over 10 years’ experience in the digital industry.
He leaves delegates captivated and inspired about the potential in both technology and people. He has had the privilege of working with some of the most prestigious organisations in the world including Vodafone, Bidvest, Santam, IBM, Toyota, Norton Rose and Exxaro.
Mike delivers customized presentations around the following themes:
• Fourth Industrial Revolution
• Marketing Brand and Innovation
• The Millennial Generation
Mike believes technology helps innovate a new future, accelerates growth potential and scales business. According to Mike, “technology unlocks our future and is a fundamental driver of our success.” It’s his belief in technology and people that spurred him to founding DigitLab.
DigitLab has grown to be one of South Africa’s premier digital marketing agencies and was voted one of South Africa’s best Digital Agencies in 2012. DigitLab provides services in Social Media, SEO, Advertising, Digital Research, Mobile App and Web Development. The agency is proud to include a variety of national and international brands on their client list including KPMG, Nedbank, Alexander Forbes, Beiersdorf and City Lodge.
In 2015 Mike launched The Digitlab Academy; to educate marketers and support the academic industry with sound digital strategy education material. A powerful partnership with Vega, School of Branding, saw over 150 people run through the academy in its first quarter. Today The DigitLab Academy educates over 1000 people a year.
Digital Swarm, a nationwide digital community that fuels the growth of the digital marketing industry is another brainchild of Mike’s. The swarm hosts quarterly events in Durban and JHB and has attracted speakers from SA’s top brands like KFC, AXE and Google.
Mike Saunders – Digital
Mike delivers the following presentations and will create custom keynotes in order to meet a clients’ needs.
4th Industrial Revolution:
- Humancentric: How to build people-centered businesses in the 4th Industrial Revolution
- Online Personal Branding: How to leverage the online world to achieve your goals
- Digital Lifestyles: Understanding the digital consumer
- Succeeding in a Digital World: A look at the disruptive forces in technology and how business can leverage them to succeed
- How to go Viral and Other Lies: How to build a meaningful business, product or campaign that attracts the attention of people
- The Tech Factor: Understanding how technology drives your business forward
- Digital Trends: The latest digital trends to take note of
- Marketing Brand and Innovation
- Social Media: Beyond the content plan
- The Five Year Mark: Lessons learnt chasing a dream
- Building a Millennial Culture: Personal experiences building a business with millennials
- The Millennial Persona: Millennial Archetypes and how to speak to them
- Love Your Work: How to own your work and love every minute of it
In 2016, Mike Saunders – Digital released his first book The Five Year Mark. The Five Year Mark imparts the lessons he has learnt while establishing his businesses and is an inspirational, clear and practical template for entrepreneurs looking for success. In 2019, Mike published his second book Renowned. Your guide to building a powerful personal brand online. His latest book Humancentric unpacks how to do business in a Fourth Industrial Revolution.