A well-known, passionate and experienced rugby coach, Gary Gold – Teamwork Leadership owns a wealth of knowledge in both elite professional and international competition around the globe.
A native of Cape Town, South Africa, Gold began his coaching career with the London Irish in 2001 as a Forwards coach, moving on to take over as their Head Coach two years later.
Following his four years with the organisation, Gold transitioned back to Cape Town to serve as Forwards Coach for the Western Province. Now available to book through Conference Speakers
Earning the head coaching role with Western Province in 2007, Gold’s work propelled him to a position with South Africa’s world-renowned National Team where he began a tenure as an Assistant Coach. There, Gold was successful in helping the Springboks achieve wins over several Tier 1 nations including three victories over the New Zealand All Blacks and another over the British and Irish Lions. The latter victory was the first win by a South African side over the Lions in 29 years.
Following the 2011 Rugby World Cup, Gold transitioned back to professional rugby where he took on head coaching roles with the Newcastle Falcons, Bath Rugby, Kobelco Steelers and Sale Sharks. Serving as the Director of rugby for Bath, and later, the Worcester Warriors, Gold was a sure fit to lead the United States Men’s National Team.
In early 2018, Gold began his position with the USA Men’s Eagles, helping the squad soar to a historic second consecutive title victory in the 2018 Americas Rugby Championship. Focused heavily on both training and coaching, with an emphasis on growing the game throughout the United States, Gold has quickly made headway in the development of athletes and coaches with USA Rugby.
He lives between Cape Town and Boulder, Colorado. Follow CSI on Twitter
Gary Gold – Teamwork Leadership
Names of Companies that have appointed Gold as a Speaker
- Cadiz Asset Management
- Insurance Zone Insurance company
- SACS Old Boys end of year function
- SANTAM Insurance company annual brokers conference – 9 talks in 9 major venues around South Africa over 3 months 2011
- Sainsburys Buyers Conference – South Africa & United Kingdom
- W.P. Nomads Golf Society ~End of year function
- D.B. Investments NYC
- Springboks Coaches Business Breakfasts- Various business breakfasts in 10 major cities in SA
- W.P. Waterpolo Awards Ceremony
- Investec International Rugby Academy – Various courses over a 7-year period in Durban CT & Jhb
- Mcdonalds Butler 2015
- Varsity Cup Inauguration Ceremony 2012
- Various High Schools and Universities across South Africa
- Sportsmax International Rugby Conference 2014
- UCT Rugby Awards Ceremony 2010
- Buenos Aires Rugby Association Coaches Conference 2011- Argentina
Topics of Expertise Gold has Spoken on
- Preparing for Excellence – Build up to Rugby World Cup
- Lessons learnt from Adversity in Sport
- Measuring Performance- Teams and Individuals
- “The Edge” – The role of Positive Phycology in achieving Excellence in High Performance Environments
- 7 Habits of highly effective sports teams
- The common trends between coaching elite athletes and parenting
- The invaluable effects of video analysis in creating an environment of excellence
- What corporate business can learn from Professional sport
- The use of statistical data to improve performance
- Measuring Cohesion and the affects it has in High Performance sport
- The use of statistical data in analysing opposition
- The study of measuring cohesion
- Value of data analytics in Sport
- Trends from Rugby World Cup Competitions
- Lessons of common ground between highly profitable businesses and world class sports teams