Making her stage debut in August 2008, Nomfusi – Corporate Entertainer has achieved more in two years than many artists in a lifetime.
“The South African vocalist is an absolute riot to watch and hear.” –
Review by Canadian music critic Barry Baker
Making her stage debut in August 2008, Nomfusi has achieved more in two years than many artists in a lifetime.
She has appeared with symphony orchestras, performed for Hollywood stars, done five international tours, opened for K’Naan and Freshlyground, been nominated for two Metro FM Awards, played for thousands of soccer fans, done twenty- three live TV appearances and featured in more than fifty publications!
Her corporate clients include The Loerie Awards, Media 24 (Huisgenoot Skouspel Plus and YOU Spectacular), Distell (Fleur du Cap Awards 2010), The Aleit Group, ABSA Capital and The Nederburg Art Auction.
Nomfusi performs exclusively with The Lucky Charms, a band consisting of six world class musicians drawn from the townships of Cape Town. With their unusual blend of Sophiatown jazz and Motown, Nomfusi & The Lucky Charms face yet another stellar line-up for 2011, with bookings at the legendary Montreal Jazz Festival in Canada, Festival Mundial in The Hague, Womad in England, with more shows in Portugal, Switzerland and Norway.
Nomfusi & The Lucky Charms are also highly sought-after for playing cover sets, with an explosive dance set ranging from “Celebration” by Kool And The Gang to “Respect” by Aretha Franklin.
Despite her unbelievable life story set against a backdrop of poverty and Aids, Nomfusi has triumphed to become one of South Africa’s brightest new stars.
Her inspirational talks at conferences are met with standing ovations locally and abroad. An international ambassador for the plight of youth affected by Aids and poverty, Nomfusi & The Lucky Charms often reach out in the form of workshops at schools for Aids orphans.
With a powerful voice, adorable charisma and photogenic beauty, Nomfusi – Conference Corporate Entertainer is carving out a solid global circuit for herself. She has something to say, and the world is listening.
Nomfusi – Corporate Entertainer
NOMFUSI’S CAREER HIGHLIGHTS SO FAR:
• SELECTED FOR MONTREAL JAZZ FESTIVAL 2011, AND WOMAD 2011, ENGLAND
• FESTIVAL MUNDIAL, THE HAGUE, NETHERLANDS: FULL LENGTH CONCERT WITH 60-PIECE ORCHESTRA, JUNE 2011
• METRO FM AWARDS 2010: NOMINATED BEST FEMALE ARTIST AND DEBUT ALBUM ‘KWAZIBANI’ NOMINATED BEST AFRICAN POP ALBUM
• GARY PLAYER INVITATIONAL 2010, GEORGE: COLLABORATION WITH PRIME CIRCLE AND GEORGE WELFARE CHOIR
• YOU SPECTACULAR 2010: COLLABORATES WITH PROVERB (BROADCAST ON M-NET OCT 2010)
• COVER OF HIGH FLYERS MAGAZINE, DEC ISSUE
• MUSIC FOR GOALS CONCERT, MUNICH (NOV 2010)
• PERFORMANCE/INTERVIEW ON LATE NIGHT WITH KGOMOTSO, SABC2, 30 Oct 2010
• LAKE OF THE STARS FESTIVAL, MALAWI (Oct 2010)
• COAST-TO-COAST TOUR OF CANADA, July-Aug 2010, playing 7 shows, opening for K’Naan in Calgary
• FIFA WORLD CUP 2010: 5 shows for total of 65 000 soccer fans between 11 June and 11 July
• OPENS FOR FRESHLYGROUND in Germany at Afrika Festival, 5 June 2010
• ALBUM OF THE MONTH: Drum Magazine (receives 5 stars *****)
• HUISGENOOT SKOUSPEL PLUS 2010
• FLEUR DU CAP AWARDS 2010
TV / MEDIA APPEARANCES
• Expresso, SABC3, March 2011
• DRUM cooking show, Mzansi Magic, Feb 2011
• LATE NIGHT WITH KGOMOTSO, SABC2 (Oct 010)
• Deaf TV (DTV): 24 October 2010
• YOU Spectacular, duet with Proverb, M-Net, 29 July 2010
• Morning Live: 3 songs live and interview on 18 July 2010
• Talk SA, SABC2: live performance (23/03/10)
• Huisgenoot Skouspel, M-Net (May 2011)
• Spirit Sundae, SABC1: interview and live performance (19/03/10)
• 180 degrees, SABC2: interview (27/11/09)
• SABC3 Breakfast News: interview (26/11/09)
• Morning Live: Live performance (25/11/09)
• SHIFT, SABC1, premiere of music video and live performance, Wed 7 Oct 2009.
• Top Billing: chosen as the main act for Top Billing’s Wedding of The Year, filmed 6 November and featured every week for 8 weeks from Thurs 17 Sep 09
• ETV Frenzy: profile and interview broadcast 28 July 2009
• Afrocafe (SABC2): Interviewed as lime light artist and performing one song with her full band, broadcast on 1 September
• Top Billing, 23 April 09: One & Only Hotel launch: appears with international stars Bebe Wynans, Jonathan Butler and Hugh Masekela.
• SABC2: Artchar: Interview screened Wed 11 Feb 22h00.
• SABC3: The Power Within: Nomfusi made her TV debut with a 12-minute profile filmed on her life and music screened on 13 December 2008.
• City TV, Calgary, Aug 2010: live performance and interview
• Mondomix, Montreal, July 2010: live performance and interview
• RTV (Rotterdam TV), May 2010: live performance and interview
• SABC News International: Interviewed by Richard Nwamba on Showbiz Live (viewership 18 million world wide) 5 October 2009
• City TV, Calgary, Aug 2009: live performance and interview.
• Real Magazine, March 2011: Feature
• Drum Magazine, Jan 2011: Two-page feature
• Destiny Magazine: Nov 2010: featured as one of 40 of S.A.’s most influential women
• High Flyers, Dec 2011: Cover article
• Fair Lady: Oct 2010: Full page feature
• O Magazine, (August 2010): “Aha moment!” Feature
• Destiny Magazine, May 2010: “Young and Powerful” feature
• Independent Newspapers (Argus, Star, IOL, Daily News and Pretoria News): Jan 09 – feature in Tonight section
• Glamour Magazine: December 09 (“My favourite things”)
• Cover shoot: My Week magazine (July edition)
• Aboutime (1 time Airlines): two page feature
• Marie Claire: photo shoot and “local hero” feature in July 09 issue.
• Mango Juice (Mango Airline’s In-flight magazine): Article in June 09 edition
• Cosmopolitan Magazine May edition: Hot Talent page
• ALBUM OF THE MONTH: Drum Magazine (receives 5 stars *****)
• Mail & Guardian: album review on 16 Dec 09
• THE NEXT 48 HOURS: Feb 2009
RADIO: INTERVIEWS ON
• Metro FM
• Kaya FM
• Radio 2000
• Umhlobo Wenene FM
• Jozi FM
• Various other community radio stations
• CBC Canada
• CKUA (Alberta)
• OS Radio (Osnabruck, Germany)
CONCERT IN MUNCHEN
TAKE ME HOME