Dr David Molapo states that one of the reasons some people never have happy today’s is that they continue to relive unhappy yesterday’s. They would rather revisit the pain of the past then plan for a fantastic future.
You can’t change what has already happened to you. You can get on with your life and you can put safeguards into place to ensure a better tomorrow. This is sound advice from Dr David Molapo.
• If the pain in your history is emotionally devastating get professional help immediately.
• Write a plan for what you will do to make certain that the sadness in your history does not return. If preventing a recurrence is not totally within your control, whom will you enlist to help?
• Picture your memory as a roll of photographic film. The past represents film already exposed – some of the photos may not be your favourites. The future is unexposed portion awaiting images you have yet to experience. What wonderful memories do you intend to capture on the remaining frames?
• Encourage yourself during times of doubt and despair.
• Tell yourself, “Today is the first day of the rest of my life.”
• Ask a loved one, “What can I begin doing today that would make it more fun for you to be with me?”
Remember: We should all be concerned about the future because we will have to spend the rest of our lives there.
Just do it – YOU CAN!!!