Having presented and consulted in over 60 cities globally, Abdullah Verachia has been recognised as a……leading speaker, disruptor, strategist and thought leader on competitiveness and the interplay between strategy and disruptive innovation.
Having served in senior executive and board roles, crafted competitive strategies for leading companies and governments, lectured at some of the top ranked business schools and built and run successful companies Abdullah fuses practice, insight and experience into a beautiful tapestry.
Global Thought Leader and Strategist
He holds a Masters in Management (Cum Laude) and has also completed executive programmes on strategy and shared value and also on Competitiveness, with Professor Michael Porter’s Institute of Strategy and Competitiveness, at Harvard Business School as well as on broadcast technology at Columbia Business School.
Business Leader – Senior Executive Experience
Abdullah is the Chief Executive Officer of The Strategists – a leading strategy consulting firm that helps governments and corporates to craft competitive future strategies. Abdullah also serves as faculty at GIBS and programme director for the Harvard Senior Executive Programme for Africa. He is on the boards of General Electric in South Africa, Education Africa and The Collective Genius. Abdullah previously served as Executive: International at Rand Merchant Bank as well as partner and co-founder at Frontier Advisory. He is also the co-founder of a leading motor industry disruptor. He led the team that crafted the 2017 – 2030 Gauteng Economic Development Strategy with the Premier and Executive Council. He also led the 2017 Mauritius Competitiveness foresight strategy.
Globally Sought After Speaker
Abdullah Verachia has presented to over 250 global companies and institutions and has been recognised for his incredibly powerful addresses on disruption and disintermediation. He has been asked to present at some of the world’s leading institutions including the School of Public and International Affairs at Colombia University in New York, the OECD in Paris and Casa Asia in Madrid amongst others. In December 2017 Abdullah received a standing ovation at the widely acclaimed TedxEuston in London.
Abdullah Verachia is also a regular media commentator and is currently co-authoring a book on Leading in a changing world – the future of disruption. Abdullah also serves on a few boards. Companies and organisations have found Abdullah’s unique blend of legal, business, emerging market, academic and youth experience to add incredible value to their strategies. He has received numerous leadership awards including being selected for the Brightest Young Minds in South Africa
- Awarded fifteen year excellence award for the contribution and development of the Model United Nations
- Awarded honorary member of the Golden Key International Honour Society
- Wits Business School Deans list of merit
- Appointed by the Minister of Trade and Industry as a judge for the South African Premier Business Awards
- “Stratovation”: The interplay between Strategy and Innovation. The new normal for strategy formulation
Latest thinking on strategy and innovation and the impact on different…
- “Beyond the headlines: A real view on South Africa. “Abdullah’s presentation on the country gives a real, accurate and truly..
- Complexity and Competitiveness: The #s that are going to shift our future. The hashtags that will dominate and the impact on organisational strategy…”
- Disruption, disintermediation and digital. Crafting competitive strategy in a complex and rapidly evolving environment
- Your company in 2020
Understanding the global political, economic, social, technological, marketing…
“We are moving into a discontinuous, disruptive, digital world, underpinned…
- Beyond the headlines: A real view on South Africa.
- Complexity and Competitiveness
- Disruption, disintermediation and digital
- Your company in 2020
Contact us directly – HERE or download and book Abdullah directly through WeSpeak.