Mike Saunders the CEO of DigitLab, a digital marketing agency working with local and international organisations to build a meaningful relationship with their customers.
His interest lies in how people use technology, believing that technology is only useful if people use it. Understanding how people use technology helps business use technology to build value into peoples lives.
Creating better experiences, more useful products, deeper relationships and more engaging ideas.
An international keynote speaker, Mike has an entertaining, relaxed, personal and engaging presentation style. He has worked with some of the worlds most prestigious organisations including KPMG, Vodacom, IBM, Toyota and Mr Price. Along with his experience in business, Mike has also contributed to leadership programmes for Gordon’s Institute of Business (GIBS).
Mike has been at the forefront of business transitioning into a world of social technology and has been a key part of important projects looking into the use of social technology in marketing campaigns, internal communications, social learning, leadership development, knowledge management, collaboration, project management and enterprise social media.
Acknowledged by his peers as one of the Top 20 South Africans to follow on Twitter, Mike has won the respect of business by his determined approach to helping business navigate a diverse and complicated world of people and technology.
Mike is often called on by business magazines and websites to comment on technology, social media and Generation Y.
As an entrepreneur and businessman, Mike has built DigitLab into South Africa’s premier digital marketing company, he was a partner at TomorrowToday where he contributed to the future world of work as a speaker and consultant and has co-founded a company called imonline that looks to innovate products and services in the world of digital business.
Mike is an international speaker and is available for keynote presentations on topics around Social Media, Social Business (Enterprise Social Media), Customer Experience and Generation Y.
- Succeeding in a Digital World (NEW) looks at what it takes for business to be successful in a digital world
- Social Reinvention looks into case studies and examples of how social media can be integrated in business.
- Consumer 2.0 is your guide to understanding the six different types of online consumers.
- Future of Mobile outlines three primary strategic concerns about mobile.
- Privacy in a Digital Age deals with fundamental issues surrounding the area of digital privacy.
- Cultivating Enterprise Agility with Social Business will help your team leave the presentation with a good understanding of the social business principles and the benefits for their business.
- Social Media and the Leadership Agenda dives into the important shifts for business leaders to understand about social media.
- Social Media for Social Good looks into the tools available across a multitude of social media platforms that will help to achieve online communication success.